- Publisher: DK (2022-04-12)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 336 pages
- ISBN-13: 9780744051438
- Item Weight: 215.46 grams
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 4.2 x 0.71 cm
Sound like a native in no time!
You've decided to cross off a bucket list item by visiting France or one of the many countries where French is spoken—but you don't know much more than a few words en français. With everything you need to pack for your trip, you won't want to lug around an English to French dictionary. All you really need is this French Phrases for Beginners pocket guide.
This handy book includes these features:
• Everyday terms to use when traveling, shopping, and eating out
• Conversational phrases for discussing the weather, sports, and family
• Popular idioms to help you sound (almost) like a native French speaker
• Pronunciation keys for nearly every phrase discussed
Whether you need to know what time the train leaves, how to ask for an ambulance, or the all-important question of where's the bathroom, French Phrases for Beginners is your go-to companion for ensuring you enjoy your visit to France or anywhere else where French is spoken.
About the Author
Gail Stein is the author of over 27 books on foreign languages, including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Spanish, French at a Glance, and The Traveler's Phrase Book. She taught in the New York City public schools for more than 30 years. Gail also assisted in revising the French curriculum for the New York City Board of Education and served as an adjunct professor to St. John's University in its Early Admission Extension Program.