- Publisher: DK Eyewitness Travel (2022-04-12)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 144 pages
- ISBN-13: 9780241559482
- Item Weight: 226.8 grams
- Dimensions: 7.56 x 4.06 x 0.44 cm
Washington, DC delights at every turn. Wherever you go, there is a marvel of architecture to be discovered, a scenic view to be savoured, or a world-famous museum to be enjoyed. And that's not to mention the lush green spaces and secret sanctuaries waiting to welcome weary travellers after a long day of sight-seeing.
Make the most of your trip to America’s iconic capital with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Washington, DC has to offer and ensuring that you don’t miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about.
Whether you want to stroll beneath the cherry blossoms, visit the iconic domed Capitol, or tour the magnificent White House, DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington, DC is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington DC, you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Washington DC’s must-sees including the White House, United States Capitol, National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the National Gallery of Art
- Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends and a week’s worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Washington DC’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Themed lists including the best historic homes and buildings, museums, green spaces, places of African American history, and much more
- Practical tips: Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip, including family activities and things to do for free
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Washington, DC, plus six full-color area maps
- Covers: Washington, DC Highlights,United States Capitol,The White House,National Air and Space Museum National Museum of American History, National Gallery of Art, National Museum of Natural History Washington National Cathedral, National Museum of African American History and Culture, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon,Moments in History,US Presidents, Places of African American History, Historic Homes and Buildings, Memorials and Monuments, Museums, Art Galleries, Green Spaces, Outdoor Activities, Off the Beaten Path, Children’s Attractions, Theaters, Restaurants, Washington, DC for Free, Festivals and Cultural Events, Trips from Washington, DC,Around Capitol Hill,The Mall and Federal Triangle, Penn Quarter, The White House and Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Beyond the City Center
Looking for more on Washington, DC’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Washington, DC.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
About the Author