- Publisher: DK (2022-04-05)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 256 pages
- ISBN-13: 9780744051605
- Item Weight: 311.85 grams
- Dimensions: 8.44 x 5.25 x 0.55 cm
Learn to speak French in as little as 3 months, and impress with your new language skills!
This educational fact-filled French language guide has a fresh new look and an accompanying audio app to get you speaking, reading and writing in French quickly and effortlessly.
Inside this exciting French language book, you’ll find:
• “Imitated pronunciation” sections that make unfamiliar French sounds less daunting to English learners
• Word lists, key phrases and model sentences that build vocabulary
• Three self-assessment sections that allow the learner to engage with their own learning, and exercises follow each grammar lesson, reinforcing what has just been taught
• Two mini bilingual dictionaries, meaning you can check words in both English and French
Learning a new language has never been this fun and easy with the latest edition of this classic self-study course providing all the resources needed to speak, read and write in French. Whether you’re a complete beginner or want to refresh your knowledge, Hugo: French in Three Months will have you speaking French fluently in just 12 weeks.
This carefully structured grammar-based course contains 12 weekly chapters filled with informative lessons on the key grammatical structures and presents a range of useful vocabulary, along with easy-to-follow exercises to boost your learning. It helps develop and refine reading, writing, listening and speaking skills, and teaches approximately 4,000 words.
Whether you’re learning a new language for work, a future vacation or as a hobby, the Hugo language course series is the perfect place to start. Learn languages like Dutch, German, Italian or Spanish in only 12 weeks! Each course includes an audio app to help with understanding and pronunciation. Language learning has never been so easy!
About the Author
Jacqueline Lecanuet and Ronald Overy are former lecturers at South Bank University, who both had experience teaching French from beginner to postgraduate level. Lecaneut is a graduate of Caen and Lille universities and holds a
postgraduate diploma in linguistics. Her late husband, Overy, authored textbooks in French, Spanish, and Russian.