- Publisher: Ladybird (2022-04-19)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 64 pages
- ISBN-13: 9780241533611
- Item Weight: 158.76 grams
- Dimensions: 9.0 x 6.0 x 0.2 cm
Ladybird Readers is an ELT graded reader series for children aged 3-11 learning English as a foreign or second language. The series includes traditional tales, favourite characters, modern stories and non-fiction. Written by experts, it uses proven methods to help children learn English and grasp key grammar and vocabulary points.
- Perfect for learning English in school or at home
- Develops reading, writing, speaking, listening and critical thinking skills
- Features much-loved characters and authors such as Peter Rabbit, Peppa Pig, Roald Dahl and Eric Carle
- Eight levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR)
- Language activities in every book provide preparation for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 to A2 (YLE) tests
- Features free online resources including audio, answer keys, lesson plans and tips for parents
The Cheetah's Whisker, a Level 3 Reader, is A1+ in the CEFR framework and includes practice for the Cambridge English A1 Movers tests. The longer text is made up of sentences with up to three clauses, some expression of future meaning, comparisons, contractions and relative clauses.
"I can make you a love potion," said Abeba's Grandmother. "But there's one thing I need. You must steal a whisker from a cheetah."
Visit the Ladybird Education website for more information.
About the Author
We make growing up the best story ever! Here at Ladybird, we publish books to inspire curious minds. From first words to fluency, we're here for young readers at every step. As the home of Read it yourself, Ladybird Readers and First Words with Peppa, we guide learners from one story to the next - sparking plenty of smiles along the way.