- Publisher: Phonic Books (2022-03-31)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 134 pages
- ISBN-13: 9781783693368
- Item Weight: 462.11 grams
- Dimensions: 0.0 x 0.0 x 0.0 cm
Learn how to read with Dandelion Launchers decodable books for beginner readers.
Dandelion Launchers Reading and Writing Activities for Stages 16-20 are first reader books by Phonic Books which introduce children to a few letters and sounds at a time. This activity book accompanies Dandelion Launchers Extras Stages 16-20 and is perfect for children in Pre-K and Kindergarten who are learning to read, teaching different letter patterns through a series of activities.
Two books for every stage provide phonics practice while offering different stories and encouraging independent reading from the start of their journey. Each stage introduces new letters and sounds while supporting any previously taught phonic letters or sounds and high-frequency words or sight words.
Book 16a: The Itch (Stage 16: tch and ve)
Book 16b: The Ditch (Stage 16: tch and ve)
Book 17a: The Sandpit (Stage 17: simple two-syllable words)
Book 17b: The Muffin Shop (Stage 17: simple two-syllable words)
This beginner reader series features:
- Activities to practice previously taught spellings in Dandelion Launchers Extras Stages 16-20.
- Reading material aimed at children aged 4-6.
- Simple two-syllable words, suffixes ‘-ed’ and ‘-ing’, and two syllable words with the spelling ‘-le’.
This 134-page phonics activity book features:
- Introduction to the activity book
- A variety of activities to practice phonics materials taught in the accompanying book Dandelion Launchers Stages 16-20
What is phonics?
Phonics is a way of teaching children to read by understanding the sounds that individual letters make and blending them to make a word. Children can learn to read using this skill to decode new words. Phonic Books specializes in decodable, systematic books supporting this structured literacy instruction.
About the Author
Phonic Books specializes in publishing decodable, systematic phonics books for beginner, emerging readers and reading intervention. Phonic Books supports structured literacy instruction. Phonic Books was founded by three special needs teachers passionate about teaching all children to read. Using their expertise, they set about developing phonics reading books for young children and older, struggling readers.