- Publisher: DK (2022-03-01)
- Language: English
- Paperback: 160 pages
- ISBN-13: 9780744045697
- Item Weight: 552.83 grams
- Dimensions: 9.0 x 7.25 x 0.58 cm
Calm the chaos and transform your home into a space that fosters curiosity, creativity, and independence
Too often, the toys, games, and other materials meant to educate young children end up being a detriment instead. If you're overwhelmed and your kids are overstimulated, it's time to reset your space by applying the principles of the Montessori method at home so you can be a calmer, more attentive parent.
Author and certified Montessori guide Ashley Yeh tackles each room of the home and explains how to provide young children with the accessibility they need to complete practical life skills on their own, tapping into their innate desire to "do it myself." Whether your child is an infant, toddler, or preschooler, there are simple and inexpensive changes you can make to foster indpendence and reduce the stress around mealtimes, bedtime, and leaving the house.
• Introduction to the Montessori method, which emphasizes whole-child development and learning through experience
• How to apply Montessori principles throughout the home so that children are able to complete practical, everyday tasks on their own
• Over 75 simple activities for ages 0–5
• Essential Montessori resources and materials with DIY options
About the Author
Ashley Yeh is a certified Montessori 0-3 guide and certified positive discipline parent educator. She is the creator of the “Hapa Family” YouTube channel where she publishes content related to implementing Montessori methods at home and shares strategies for navigating everyday life with kids that focus on building trust, communication, and autonomy. Ashley lives in Colorado with her husband and two children.
Jill Labieniec is an illustrator, designer, and art director known for her whimsical illustrations and sophisticated designs for children and adults alike. Jill’s designs can be found at Anthropologie, Target, Crate & Kids, Starbucks, Paper Source, and small boutiques around the world. Jill lives on a tiny island outside of Seattle, Washington.